Today's Quick STATS
New in the blog
The following is according to a survey by GOBankingRates:
· 42% of Americans expect to retire broke (defined as having $10,000 or less saved)
· Of that 42%, 14% ave absolutely nothing saved
The top 2 reasons given for having $10,000 or less saved:
1. I don't make enough money
2. I'm struggling to pay bills
On a brighter note (if only slightly):
· 7% have $10,000 to $49,000 saved
· 13% have $50,000 to $99,999 saved
· 12% have $100,000 to $199,999 saved
· 10% have $200,000 to $299,999 saved
· 16% have $300,000 or more saved
Where are you?
Where do you want to be?
Do you need help figuring it all out?
Are You Retirement Ready?
TODAY IN General History
1950 Korean War begins
TODAY IN FinancialHistory
Tip of the day
Get More Life Insurance on Top of Your Company’s Policy
The basic policy from your employer is often far too little. Not convinced? Read how extra life insurance saved one family.
WORTH A READ
WORTH A LOOK
Sources: Urban Institute analysis of Census Bureau data (income); Employee Benefit Research Institute (pct. with debt); NY Fed Consumer Credit Panel / Equifax (loans); Center for Retirement Research (at risk)